The goal of the GreenScreen is not only to increase awareness about the environment, but to expand the ways that these issues are represented and communicated. Students will have an opportunity to work with local environmental organizations on critical issues that affect Santa Barbara County.
GreenScreen brings together students in the arts, humanities, social sciences, and sciences to engage in environmental issues through artistic production. This involves working across disciplines, artistic genres, and developing a critical approach to environmental media production.
Recent News & Events
- GreenScreen films featured at the 2019 Santa Barbara International Film Festival (SBIFF)
- Emerging Filmmakers: Four films produced by UCSB students will screen at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival
- Three GreenScreen films films screen at the 2016 Santa Barbara International Film Festival (SBIFF)
- GreenScreen film Saving Sasquatch recently won top prize in the Documentary Short (student) category at the Hollywood International Independent Documentary Awards 2015
- GreenScreen films Where the Wonder Went and Tar Wars screen at the 2014 Santa Barbara International Film Festival (SBIFF)
- GreenScreen film Catch of the Week wins student film award from Green Living Project
- GreenScreen 2012 Student Film Premiere
- GreenScreen film Dirty Little Secret wins top green student film award
- GreenScreen 2011 Environmental Film Premiere
GreenScreen would like to gratefully acknowledge the generous support of Sony Pictures Entertainment for their annual donation of HD cameras and recording equipment that helps make this program possible.