A classroom by day, The Pollock Theater hosts the popular Film and Media Studies 54, Hollywood: Anatomy of an Industry. More>
- Dr. Jennifer Holt, Director of MIP's Connected Viewing Initiative, will speak before the FCC at the Future of Broadband Regulation event on May 28-30, 2014 in Washington, D.C. Her presentation is entitled "Data Security and the Future of Broadband Regulation."
- Precarious Creativity: Global Media, Local Labor brings together an international group of scholars with leading advocates from the VFX community to examine the increasingly globalized and interconnected nature of screen media labor. Precarious Creativity is a Mellichamp Global Studies Conference co-sponsored by the Media Industries Project.
- Carsey-Wolf Center is proud to announce the publication of Connected Viewing: Selling, Streaming, & Sharing Media in the Digital Era, edited by MIP Director Jennifer Holt and MIP Research Director Kevin Sanson.
- Blue Horizons is a nine-week summer program where students learn the essential elements for producing documentary films, are informed about important issues of the global ocean from a California perspective, and create their own environmental documentaries.
- Free Angela & All Political Prisoners screened at the Pollock Theater. Please check out the Q&A with Dr. Angela Davis, Producer Sidra Smith and moderator Dr. Gaye Theresa Thompson
The Pollock Theater, Santa Barbara’s newest cultural venue, offers the UCSB campus and the wider Santa Barbara community unparalleled state-of-the-art film, video, and sound technology. A classroom by day and a public space by night, the theater will present year-round programming of films, television, and other media, coupled with lively debates with artists, scholars, and industry professionals. More >
The Media Industries Project (MIP) examines the rapid and dramatic changes affecting media industries worldwide. At a time of tremendous uncertainty, MIP offers a unique forum bringing together top scholars and industry professionals to encourage innovative thinking about the future and purpose of media. More>
The Carsey-Wolf Center’s Internship Program provides selected UC Santa Barbara students with opportunities to develop practical applications of the knowledge gained in their studies. Media interns learn the processes of making compelling media content by working with leading creative professionals. Center and Pollock Theater interns gain hands-on experience in event planning and theater management. More >