A classroom by day, The Pollock Theater hosts the popular Film and Media Studies 54, Hollywood: Anatomy of an Industry. More>
- Carsey-Wolf Center is proud to announce the publication of Connected Viewing: Selling, Streaming, & Sharing Media in the Digital Era, edited by MIP Director Jennifer Holt and MIP Research Director Kevin Sanson.
- The Media Industries Project is hosting the Dirty Sexy Policy conference next week, February 20 and 21, 2014. It will bring together prominent scholars, attorneys, activists, regulators, and journalists to explore current challenges to media policy.
- In August 2013, the Carsey-Wolf Center’s Media Industries Project launched the Creative Labor Initiative (CLI), a large-scale research project focused on pressing labor trends in the global film and television industries.
- Blue Horizons is a nine-week summer program where students learn the essential elements for producing documentary films, are informed about important issues of the global ocean from a California perspective, and create their own environmental documentaries.
- Free Angela & All Political Prisoners screened at the Pollock Theater. Please check out the Q&A with Dr. Angela Davis, Producer Sidra Smith and moderator Dr. Gaye Theresa Thompson
The Pollock Theater, Santa Barbara’s newest cultural venue, offers the UCSB campus and the wider Santa Barbara community unparalleled state-of-the-art film, video, and sound technology. A classroom by day and a public space by night, the theater will present year-round programming of films, television, and other media, coupled with lively debates with artists, scholars, and industry professionals. More >
The Media Industries Project (MIP) examines the rapid and dramatic changes affecting media industries worldwide. At a time of tremendous uncertainty, MIP offers a unique forum bringing together top scholars and industry professionals to encourage innovative thinking about the future and purpose of media. More>
The Carsey-Wolf Center’s Internship Program provides selected UC Santa Barbara students with opportunities to develop practical applications of the knowledge gained in their studies. Media interns learn the processes of making compelling media content by working with leading creative professionals. Center and Pollock Theater interns gain hands-on experience in event planning and theater management. More >